Winter Storm Update: Thursday 3/22/2018
Out of an abundance of caution and in anticipation of ongoing snow removal efforts
on campus and throughout the region,
classes that begin prior to
today, Thursday, March 22nd, 2018 are canceled. All
class that begin at or after
will be held as scheduled.
This applies to Stony Brook main campus and Southampton campuses and includes the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, School of Health Technology & Management, School of Social Welfare, and the School of Dental Medicine. Students with clinical obligations should make every effort to attend rotations and contact their clinical coordinators with any questions or concerns.
The Office of Student Affairs and the University Emergency Operation Center have taken action to minimize the impact this winter storm will have on student life and are working diligently and collaboratively to anticipate student needs on campus.
Students with Disabilities
Students with disabilities and students who require special accommodations are encouraged to let their Resident Assistant (RA) and/or Residence Hall Director (RHD) know immediately. Additional information can be found on the Disability Support Services website.
What's Open on Campus Thursday 3/22
- East Side dine-in and Emporium opens at 8:30am
- West Side dine-in and C-Store opens at 8:30am
- SAC Food Court opens at 9:30am
- Starbucks truck closed
- Starbucks Melville library opens at 9:30am
- Roth (Starbucks and Subway) opens at 10am
- Admin Cart opens at 9:30am
- Life Science Cart closed
- HDV/GLS opens at 10am
- Tabler Cafe opens 5:30pm-12am
- All other locations regular hours
- *hours are subject to change
- Please check the Campus Dining Website for more information.
- The SBU Eats social media channels, SBU Eats Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will provide up-to-date information.
- Students can also text “SBUWhatsOpen” to 24587 for all hours of operation information.
- Shop Red West will open at 8:30am
- Shop Red East will open at 10am
- Seawolves MarketPlace at the SAC will open at 9:30am
- Amazon@StonyBrook will open at 9am. For hours and other information, visit stonybrooku.amazon.com
- FedEx Office on the lower level of Melville Library will open at 10am.
- For more information on these services, visit the FSA website at: http://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/fsa
- The main office located in Mendelsohn Quad between Irving and O'Neill will be open regular hours.
- Please monitor the Campus Residences social media channels with up-to-date information: @SBUCampres on Twitter or Campus Residences Facebook.
- Students who wish to exercise will be able to do so at the Walter J. Hawrys Recreation Center . The facility will be open from 9am to 10pm.
- The residence hall fitness facilities are also available and they will follow their regular hours.
Dean of Students
- The Dean of Students office will be open regular hours from 9am to 5pm. Any questions regarding Student Activities should be directed to (631) 632-7320.
Faculty Student Association (FSA)
- The FSA Services office in East Side Dining will be open starting at 9am. This includes Meal Plan, Wolfie Wallet, Student Health Insurance and Locker Rentals.
- You can check your balance or add funds to your meal plan or Wolfie Wallet account online.
- The Stony Brook Food Pantry will open at 10am. Visit the Food Pantry website for hours of operation.
Libraries and Study Halls
- Please visit the University Libraries website for up-to-date hours and information.
Student Health and Wellness
The following student services will open at a modified schedule. If this is an emergency, please contact University Police at 333 from a campus phone or (631) 632 3333 from non-campus phones.
- Student Health Center will keep regular hours. If you have a medical question, please call the Student Health Service Medical Advice Line at (631) 632-6740, Option 3. You can speak to a registered nurse who can address your questions.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) will keep regular hours. CAPS After Hours (631) 632-6720 is available 24/7 to any student who needs support.
UNITI Cultural Center and LGBTQ* Center
- The UNITI Cultural Center will be closed.
- The LGBTQ* Center will be open regular hours, from 11am to 11pm.