Fully Remote Student Information
Health & Safety Reminders
Given the serious public health issue posed by COVID, please continue to follow local, state, and CDC guidelines to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID. If you see a friend or peer not following the expectations noted below, please politely remind them of the importance of everyone doing their part.
- Gather only in very small groups. Do not gather in large groups, including parties or other events where physical distancing and wearing a face mask are not followed. These events are known to be COVID super-spreaders, so please do not host or attend any large gatherings.
- Wear your face mask/covering that covers your nose and mouth in all indoor public spaces and in all outdoor spaces when you cannot maintain at least 6 feet of distance.
- Stay home if you are sick or have been potentially exposed to COVID.
- Keep at least 6 feet of physical distance from others anytime you are outside of your home.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Carry and use hand sanitizer when you don’t have access to soap and water.
If You Have any COVID Symptoms
If you have any COVID symptoms, contact your medical provider or Student Health Services promptly at (631) 632-6740. Do not leave your home until you speak with a medical professional and receive guidance on steps to take.
If You Test Positive for COVID or Have Been Exposed to Someone Who Tested Positive
If you test positive for COVID, have been exposed to individuals who tested positive for COVID, or are informed by a state or local health department, or medical or campus official that you are “at risk” for having COVID, you may be required to quarantine or isolate at home for at least 10 days.
Take Care of Yourself – Physically and Mentally
We understand that this is an exceptionally challenging time. SUNY and Stony Brook have resources to help you get the support you need.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): stonybrook.edu/caps
- Center for Prevention and Outreach (CPO): stonybrook.edu/cpo
- Student Health Services: stonybrook.edu/shs
- Recreation and Wellness: stonybrook.edu/rec
- ReachOut SUNY: https://online.suny.edu/covid19/students/local-state-and-national-resources/
- New York State Office of Mental Health Crisis Text Line: Text GOT5 to 741741 .
Request Accommodations for Disabilities
If you wish to disclose covered disabilities and receive reasonable accommodations for disabilities, please contact the Student Accessibility Support Center (SASC) at (631) 632-6748 or email@example.com .
Please Follow the Rules or Face Disciplinary Action
We expect students to be familiar with and follow our campus Code of Student Responsibility . When we learn of a violation of the rules associated with COVID safety, students may lose access to campus facilities. Other disciplinary action may be taken by the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. Minimum sanctions are outlined in SUNY’s Uniform Sanctioning in Response to COVID-19 Student Violations . Consistent with SUNY policy, students who are suspended or expelled from Stony Brook due to a violation are not eligible for refunds.
Stay Informed about Campus Updates
The ongoing COVID pandemic creates a fluid situation that may require unexpected changes in our response. Updates to scientific knowledge, public health guidance, or laws and regulations may mean SUNY and Stony Brook have to make changes to our standards and rules, including those indicated above. Please visit these FAQs for regularly updated information about campus services.