The best way to prevent the flu is to get the flu vaccine every season.
Flu Shots for Students
The flu vaccine is made available each fall to all enrolled students by appointment at Student Health Services. Flu shots provided at Student Health Services are NOT billed to your insurance and require no co-pay nor additional fees.
Who should be vaccinated?
Everyone 6 months of age or older, especially:
- All persons who are at high risk for complications from the flu:
- Young children
- Pregnant women
- People with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, or heart and lung disease
- All healthcare workers and people who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, or who care for children under 6 months of age, who cannot be vaccinated.
Student Health Services offers several options for students receiving your influenza vaccination:
- Scheduled Influenza Clinics (appointment required, click here for details)
- Schedule an appointment with Student Health services
- Schedule an appointment through the onsite CVS clinic days
- Ask your medical provider during any scheduled appointment
- Visit a retail pharmacy for a flu shot
All employees must obtain vaccination through CVS onsite (not Student Health Services)
Flu shot appointments will be available at Student Health Services in early Fall . We request students schedule an appointment by calling 631 632-6740 and complete the online consent and paperwork, including insurance card uploads. Students must bring their SBU ID and wear a shirt that allows us to roll up a sleeve.
If you have never visited Student Health Services before, please fill out your patient forms on the Wolfie Health Portal before arriving.