COVID-19 Testing Information for Resident Students - Finals Week (May 10-May 15)
As we approach the start of finals week, we have made some changes to the testing schedule to provide for more flexibility for students studying for final exams and working on final projects. Starting Monday, May 10 through Saturday, May 15, resident students will be required to participate in the free on-campus COVID testing once a week at GLS/HDV Center, 2nd floor. You no longer have an assigned day of the week for testing.
- Your assigned testing location will be the GLS/HDV Center , 2nd floor. The LDS Center testing center will not operate after May 7. Starting May 10, the hours of operations for GLS/HDV Center will be Monday - Friday from 9am to 4pm and Saturday from 9am to 12pm.
- If you were previously getting tested at the LDS Center and you’ve never been tested at GLS/HDV, you must re-register for GLS/HDV and provide updated insurance information. When registering, make sure you enter your student ID correctly for your test to be accurately recorded.
- Testing is still required regardless of your COVID vaccination status.
- Once you properly check out of campus housing and return your room key, you will be relieved from your testing requirements.
- If you will be living on campus between May 17 and August 20, we will share the summer testing schedule next week.
We are still carefully monitoring testing compliance. It’s critical that you participate in this weekly testing or you will be referred to Residential Conduct and Community Standards.
If you've never been tested at GLS/HDV Center:
If you were previously getting tested at the LDS Center and you’ve never been tested at GLS/HDV, you must re-register for GLS/HDV and provide updated insurance information. When registering, make sure you enter your student ID correctly for your test to be accurately recorded.
To register, please visit: https://bit.ly/CovidTestGLS
To make an appointment:
Click on the following links to make your appointment:
- GLS/HDV Center: https://calendly.com/suny-stony-brook-gls/covid-testing
Please read carefully the instructions below to minimize your wait time at the testing locations and ensure everyone’s safety:
- Make sure you’re registered to get tested at the GLS/HDV Center if you’ve never tested at this location before. To register, visit https://bit.ly/CovidTestGLS
- Please make an appointment in advance and arrive within 15 minutes of your scheduled appointment.
- Complete your Campus Clear app prior to coming to get tested , verifying that you are free from COVID symptoms. If you have any symptoms, do not come. Instead, follow the information and directions in the app.
- Follow physical distancing and wear your facial covering. Hand sanitizer is available for you to perform hand hygiene before and after your COVID test.
- If you are a student-athlete, do not sign up for an appointment; instead, follow the testing schedule provided by the Sports Medicine team in Athletics.
- If you have tested positive for COVID in the last 90 days, and you have provided Student Health Services with a physician’s note indicating you’re free of infection, do not sign up for an appointment.
- To request accessibility accommodations for your COVID-19 testing appointment, please fill out this form.