IMPORTANT IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENT
All students attending courses on Stony Brook campus must submit a completed Immunization / Meningitis Form, demonstrating compliance with New York State Health Laws. It is REQUIRED that this form be submitted to Student Health at least 3 weeks prior to the student’s enrollment and or orientation.
Copies of the immunization form or immunization history may be digitally uploaded to the Student Health Patient Portal at:
If the immunization / Meningitis requirement has not been received by this deadline a late fee may be incurred, and additional enrollment will be prohibited.
FRESHMAN, GRADUATE, SPD and TRANSFER STUDENTS:
- The Immunization Form / Meningitis Response must be submitted at least three weeks prior to your Orientation/Enrollment date.
- The Health Form indicating receipt of a physical within the last calendar year, must be submitted by the start of the semester.
- The Athletic Health Form must be submitted at least three weeks prior to your Orientation/Enrollment date. Completed forms need to be faxed to Sports Medicine at 631-632-3231.
- The Meningitis Form must be submitted at least three weeks prior to your Orientation/Enrollment date. If you are 18 years of age or older, this requirement can be met by logging on to your SOLAR account and submitting your response electronically under "Holds."
- The Immunization Form / Meningitis Response must be submitted shortly after you receive notification of your acceptance to Stony Brook University. This form should be received no later than 3 weeks before you arrive on campus for orientation/enrollment.
- The Health Form must be submitted shortly after you receive notification of your acceptance to Stony Brook University. This form should be received no later than 3weeks before you arrive to campus for orientation.
HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER STUDENTS:
- Including School of Health Technology and Management, School of Nursing, School of Social Welfare and Graduate Program in Public Health
Forms may be located at the Health Sciences Office of Student Services
Forms may be located at the Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine
OTHER IMPORTANT FORMS:
Meningitis Form - For those students that opt not to submit the official Stony Brook University Immunization / Meningitis Response Form, you may complete the Meningitis requirement by submitting this form. If you are 18 years of age or older, this requirement can also be met by logging on to your SOLAR account and submitting your response electronically under "Holds ." Any student that can provide documented proof of receipt of a Meningitis Vaccination may submit that proof in lieu of this form.
Consent for Treatment- For students under the age of 18.
If you require a signed and stamped copy of your immunizations or additional medical records you must complete, in its entirety, the “Authorization for Protected Health Information” form.
The completed form may be sent to Student Health by mail or fax. A copy of signature ID (such as a copy of your driver’s license) MUST be attached. Requests are processed in the order in which they are received. Please be aware once your request has been received, it will be processed within 10 business days.
Health records may be faxed only to a Physician’s Office or a University Health Office. All other requests will be sent by mail. Health Records cannot be e-mailed.
Please be specific in your request, a request for release of full medical records may incur a per page charge as well as may delay receipt of documents.
If you have an active NET ID, you may obtain your immunization records from Student Health Patient Portal. Please visit the portal site at:
NOTE: All of the above documents are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader to view the PDF documents.