Students With Learning Disabilities
1. Make an appointment with the Learning Disabilities Specialist to discuss appropriate accommodations and to plan your schedule.
2. Keep a semester calendar to record all appointments, assignments, course and study schedules.
3. Use extra help options: recitations, test reviews, office hours of graduate teaching assistants, campus workshops, the Math and Writing Centers, the Counseling Center, student-formed study groups, etc.
4. Make a commitment to become more organized, efficient and consistent. Set realistic daily and weekly goals and strive to achieve them.
5. Break assignments into smaller more manageable pieces and focus on them for shorter periods of time.
6. Review class notes regularly.