Tracking Attendance At Your Events
Choose which works best for your organization
Option 1: Mobile Check in
Requires: Mobile Check in App
How it works : One of the benefits of the Event Check-in App is that you don’t have to keep track of card swiping hardware. The system leverages smart phones or devices to complete the process. The process requires two main components: an event pass for attending users; and the mobile app to scan passes. The event pass is similar to a mobile boarding pass. It’s unique to each user and is tied to their SB Engaged account. All users can access their event pass through Corq or SB Engaged. Once accessed, they can save it to their digital wallet, print, or screen shot it for easy access.
* Note : Only page administrators who are checking users will need to download the app*
- To start checking users in, download the free app: Campus Labs® Event Check-in
- Open the app. The first screen will ask you to enter an event access code. This code is provided after you create an event within SB Engaged. * Note : You must have an event created in order to track attendance.
- To locate the code, find your selected event on SB Engaged and select “Manage Event” . The access code should appear in the bottom right of the screen. * Note : This access code is only available on SB Engaged and not CORQ. It is encouraged to have this access code handy prior to check in.
- Enter the code in the Event Check-In app, tap “ Start Session” , and sign in with your Net ID. You’ll then be directed to the event’s check-in page.
- Tap “ Start Scanning” and you’re ready to scan! If your phone asks for permission to use your camera, choose “ Yes ”. The camera is needed to scan event passes. Position the edges of the box over the edges of an attendee’s Event Pass.
- Once the user is recognized, it will display a box with their basic details, including their RSVP status. Tap “ Check In” to confirm the user and click “ OK” to continue scanning. f you come across an attendee without a mobile pass, tap “ No Pass?” below the scanning area or select “ Lookup” from the bottom menu.
- Search for the attendee by name or email. Tap their name to confirm check-in. If searching by email, you must enter the complete email address to locate the user. If the attendee is not in the system, you can add them by email. Click the plus sign on the top right of the screen, type in their email address, and submit.
- You can toggle between scanning passes and the attendee list at any point. Tap “ Attendees” in the bottom right of the screen to view the full list of attendees. If you need to remove someone from the list, tap on their name, swipe left, then select “ Remove”.
- When done tracking attendance, there are no additional steps required. Close the app and all attendance information will be saved. While not required, you can end your check-in session if you tap on your profile picture in the top left of the screen, then select End Session . You’ll also find a feedback option on this page.
Option 2: Attendance Tracking using ID Swiping
Requires: Computer, USB Swiper & Attendee ID Card
* You can use both methods at a single event*
- Go to the event page in SB Engaged and select “ Manage Event ”
- Select Track Attendance
- Copy Swipe Access Code, and click on swipe page URL
- Enter Access code into box and press submit
- Connect swiper to computer via USB and begin swiping
Swipers are available for borrow from our office in SAC 218 or can be purchased on Amazon for a reasonable price.