Join Our Team!
The Department of Student Engagement and Activities offers a variety of experiential learning opportunities through credit-bearing internships and paid opportunities.
We are adding a variety of marketing positions to our team!
The Department of Student Engagement & Activities strives to help students DISCOVER their
potential and find opportunities to ENGAGE in University Life. Through these experiences
students develop skills to LEAD at the University and beyond.
For the Spring 2020 semester we will be adding a variety of marketing positions to our team. These positions include graphic design, content development, social media, photography/videography.
*Positions are available to students who receive federal work study/ students who
are enrolled in an appropriate internship course*
Within these roles, team members in conjunction with the Program Coordinator for Student Engagement & Activities will help create and promote content for the Department of Student Engagement & Activities. Positions can be tailored to the individuals goals/skill set.
All candidates must complete an application on SBEngaged
Application can be found at:
The application will close on December 23rd.
In addition to completing a application, the following documents are necessary for submission.
- A recent and up-to-date resume
- One reference from a faculty/staff member/established student leader (contact information is sufficient)
- A link to a portfolio of your most recent graphic design work, social media, photography or any other relevant display of marketing experience.
If sharing through Google Drive, please be sure to give
/ email@example.com access to view.
Please keep in mind the following REQUIREMENTS that are mandatory in order to be considered for the position
- Minimum of 2.25 GPA
- Enrollment in INT 288 or EXT 488 OR Federal Work Study Award
- Spring 2020 full semester availability
- Availability to work/attend:
- Available for the following dates:
Involvement fair 1/29/20, 2/3/20, 2/10/20- 1:2:30pm
Spring Leadership conference- 3/27/20 2-5PM
F&S Awards- 5/6/20 6:30-9:30PM
SLA Awards- 5/7/20 7-9pm
Title: Marketing and Digital Media Practicum for Department of Student Engagement and Activities
Start Date: Spring 2020
- Must be a Graduate Student enrolled for the Spring 2020 semester
- If enrolled in the Higher Education Administration program, must be enrolled in HEA 586: Higher Education Administration Practicum or enrolled in HEA 587: Advance Practicum in Higher Education Administration
- Must commit to 10 hours weekly and total 120 hours by the end of the semester
- Proficiency in using Google Apps and social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook)
- Must possess strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and to work autonomously
- Demonstrated effective use of organizational and planning skills, and managing workflow in a fast paced work environment
Position tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Work in conjunction with the Program Coordinator to coordinate and implement digital and print marketing campaigns/content for the department, assist in the mission to promote student engagement across campus, highlight student organizations and events, and mass distribution of departmental events and initiatives
- Co-supervise a team of undergraduate marketing interns, conduct one-on-one meetings, provide training, and support leadership development
- Assess current marketing and social media efforts, perform social media analytics, and operate surveys
- Conduct benchmarks of peer institutions to evaluate current trends, strategies, and opportunities for growth
- Oversee the departmental Instagram and Facebook page to ensure adequate promotion of upcoming events, general announcements, and updates.
- Build brand recognition through digital and experiential marketing
- Work collaboratively with other marketing peers to support cross-departmental programs and initiatives
- Assist in developing and conducting workshops for departmental student staff and/or student organizations
- Assist with large scale departmental events as needed, as well as new initiatives and special projects
- Other duties as assigned
This is an unpaid internship for graduate students only. Successful candidates will be expected to work approximately 10 hours per week for the course of a semester. Upon performance evaluation at the end of term, position can be extended into the following semester. Tuition remission, health insurance, and retirement benefits are not included as part of this position.
All interested applicants should complete an online application,submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for 2-3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 30, 2019.
Application can be found at:
The application will close on December 30th.