Temporary Tripling Information
We do anticipate some level of temporary tripling for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Due to the growing need for on-campus housing, temporary housing is necessary to accommodate the number of students who are prioritized housing through a temporary tripling process.
At this time we anticipate that 20% of new first year residents and 35% of new transfer residents can expect an assignment in a temporary triple room. This is subject to change as changes in demand from new students occur.
A Tripled Room in Mendelsohn Community
Students in triples will typically be housed in one of three different configurations. The configurations are as follows:
- 1 Standard Bed, 1 Bunk (Includes 2 Beds), 2 Desks, 2 Dressers, 2 Closets/Armoires
- 1 Loft, 1 Bunk (Includes 2 Beds), 2 Desks, 2 Dressers, 2 Closets/Armoires
- 1 Loft, 1 Bunk (Includes 2 Beds), 3 Desks, 2 Dressers, 2 Closets/Armoires
If all three students in a tripled room collectively decide that they would like to change the configuration of their room, there will be a process communicated to them after the start of opening. Please talk to your Resident Assistant (RA) for more info!
We provide an initial furniture allocation based on room assignment bedspce of -1, -2, or -3. Please see our guide for initial furniture allocation.
Helpful Tips for Living in a Triple
- Organize your belongings
- Maintain an open and honest line of communication
- Set some ground rules at the start of the semester
- Be aware and respect your roommates' needs
- Reach out to our residential staff for assistance as needed
If you have any further questions in regards to tripling, please talk with your Resident Assistant (RA) and they will be happy to help you when you move on to campus!