Visiting Stony Brook
When you visit campus, experience everything Stony Brook University and the surrounding area has to offer.
While you’re here, you can stay at the many hotels and accommodations in the area or you can stay at the Stony Brook Hilton Garden Inn, located on campus. Visitor parking information can be found here.
Here are some ideas of fun things you can do with your Seawolf while visiting SBU:
- Enjoy a world class performance at the Staller Center for the Arts or cheer on the Seawolves at one of the many NCAA Division I athletic events.
- Bike, walk, or run the Paul Simons Memorial Bike Path, a beautiful six mile pristine paved bike path that encircles campus, or visit the Ashley Schiff Preserve, a 26-acre forest in the middle of the Stony Brook University campus.
- Catch a train ride to New York City at the Stony Brook LIRR station located right on campus.
- Enjoy the local beaches, restaurants, shopping and outdoor activities at the Stony Brook and Port Jefferson Village.
- Discover guides and recommendations for New York City, Long Island and more at “What to do, Where to go”, Beyond the Brook.
Enjoy your visit!