Skip Navigation

University Services and Resources

Academic Advisement

The Undergraduate Academic Advising Center is available for all general educational advisement needs. For specific degree requirements, students are required to seek advisement related to their major from the appropriate departmental advisor. Graduate students receive advisement within their department or program. For questions regarding disability issues, SASC provides supplemental academic advisement. SASC may assist with questions regarding fulfilling University educational requirements, course substitution policies, time management, course loads and study skills.

Financial Assistance

In addition to the programs available to all University students, students with disabilities may be eligible for financial assistance from the Commission for the Blind (NYSCB),  or the Veterans Administration Office. Contact the local branch office of these organizations for more information on programs.

Students with disabilities may be eligible to receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Individuals who were employed at the time they became disabled can also apply for Social Security Disability Benefits (SSD). Your local Social Security Office can provide further information on these benefits.

The Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment wants to assist you in maximizing your financial aid opportunities by providing you with information about available grants, work opportunities and student loan programs. To obtain maximum financial aid consideration, you should read the instructions on all forms and follow them carefully. Please pay attention to deadline dates, as timely submission of forms will enable processing of your request in time for the start of classes. For more detailed information, please refer to the Undergraduate Bulletin or call the Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment.

Student Accounts

All University fees must be paid or properly deferred in advance of registration. Please be aware of the deadlines set each semester for payment of bills. In order to receive a deferment, you must submit an approved deferment form and the required supporting documents. The required documents are 1) a letter of authorization from Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) or the New York State Commission for the Blind (NYSCB) that shows the amount of financial support you will receive and 2) a copy of your Tuition Assistance Award Certificate. Bring these supporting documents when you register. More detailed information on fees and related matters can be found in the Undergraduate Bulletin. Call the Office of Student Accounts (632-6175) for assistance.

Login to Edit