What You Can Do
1. Show You Care: Ask questions, show your genuine interest and concern
2. Ask about Depression and Suicide: Talking about suicide does not increase risk, it's OK to be direct
3. Get Help: Know the resources on campus and how to access them
Common symptoms of depression include:
- Sadness or "down" mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in usual activities
- Poor appetite or overeating
- Sleeplessness or sleeping too much
- Feelings of worthlessness, self-hatred, or guilt
- Feeling tired or having little energy
- Moving or speaking very slowly, or the opposite, being fidgety or restless.
- Thoughts of being better off dead or of hurting oneself in some way.
CPO offers a variety of events around mental health outreach & suicide prevention. Check out the upcoming events calendar here to see what is coming up!