Never hired a student? Use these resources to understand the hiring process and who to reach out to for questions.
is the Career Center’s online recruiting database. Use this site to recruit students for jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. Posting a job for the first time? Use these tutorials to help you recruit the most qualified candidates.
- Creating A Handshake Account
- Developing A Job Description
- Sample On Campus Job Descriptions
- Posting A Job on Handshake (click here to watch a video tutorial)
- Accepting and Viewing Applicants video tutorial
Have you chosen a student? Use these training materials to officially hire your preferred candidate.
- Requesting Access for Student Employment in SOLAR
- Sample Job Offer Letter
- Hiring An International Student
As a supervisor of student employees, the likelihood of you being asked to serve as a reference is very high. Students will often seek your assistance when they are transitioning to the workforce.
DoIT created trainings for staff members who pay student employees through SOLAR. Please see below for detailed tutorials and directions.