The Stony Brook University Student Employment Program is seeking student leaders to share their voice and develop exceptional skills that can be translated into any workplace environment on the Student Employment Leaders Committee. The committee will represent Stony Brook's student body on ideas and initiatives regarding on-campus student employment. This will be a group of students that have displayed exceptional professionalism in their on campus job. We will meet on a bi-weekly basis to discuss common issues, new projects, and awards ceremonies in regards to student employment.
Committee Members can expect to gain:
- Increased communication skills through collaborating with committee members and the Student Employment Specialist.
- Experience in analyzing marketing plans and materials.
- An increased knowledge of how to manage their own careers through opportunities for professional development and career coaching.
- Leadership skills by actively participating in adding value to the workplace.
- Experience collaborating in a team setting.
- Opportunities to express and learn what skills you are most interested in developing.
We are recruiting for the 2019-2020 academic year. Are you interested in becoming part of this dedicated team? Click HERE to apply.
From left to right: Cindy Elizabeth Landaverde (Chair), Jamil Wilson, Sharon Okoye