We continue to urge all eligible students, faculty and staff to get their vaccinations as soon as possible (including boosters and second boosters, if/when eligible), if they haven't already. Here is the latest guidance and information ...
Information for Faculty and Staff on West Campus
- Fully vaccinated employees who have shared their vaccination status with us have been notified of their monthly COVID-19 Surveillance testing schedule.
- An employee is considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine.
- Unvaccinated/Unknown Status Employees: Mandatory weekly surveillance testing will continue to be required for any person who has any physical presence on campus, and who has not been fully vaccinated or who has not shared their vaccinated status with us.
- To submit proof of your vaccination, you can fax HR at (631) 632-6621 or bring a copy in person to the Administration Building, Room 390. Acceptable proof includes a copy of the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, the pharmacy record or a printout from an Excelsior Pass Plus that includes the date and type of vaccination.
Information for Employees of the HSC, Stony Brook Medicine, the Long Island State Veterans Home (LISVH)
- Faculty and staff at the HSC, SBU Hospital, and LISVH must be vaccinated in accordance with the NYS mandatory vaccine requirement.
- All employees at these sites are expected to follow testing requirements.
Information for Students
- To ensure the health and safety of our campus community, all students intending to register for, and taking in-person classes, living on campus, or utilizing Stony Brook campus facilities are required to comply with mandatory immunization requirements (COVID-19, MMR and Meningitis).
- If students have not submitted the required immunization records to the Wolfie Health Portal, there is a registration hold on their SOLAR account, and they cannot register for classes until that hold is removed. The registration hold will be removed once students complete and submit the requirements noted in Student Health’s Immunizations website.
- Please visit our website (stonybrook.edu/immunizations) for more information, including how to submit proof of vaccination to the Wolfie Health Portal and other special considerations.
- To date, 100% of all Stony Brook students enrolled in at least one in-person class have submitted proof of their COVID vaccination.
- Students who have any questions about vaccinations should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current law allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations for vaccines. The following links outline exemption criteria and instructions:
There's a Hotline for That
For those who have questions about vaccine site locations, missed appointments, appointment availability, vaccine eligibility, proof of vaccines and more, Stony Brook Medicine’s COVID Vaccine Hotline serves as a resource for you. Call (631) 638-1320 to reach the hotline Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.