We continue to urge all eligible students, faculty and staff to get their vaccinations as soon as possible (including boosters, if eligible), if they haven't already. Here is the latest guidance and information ...
For Children Ages 5-11
With the CDC recently approving COVID-19 vaccines for children ages 5-11, here are the hours of availability for these vaccines at the Innovation & Discovery Building (IDC) in Stony Brook’s Research and Development Park:
Saturday, 8 am -6 pm
Sunday, 8 am -12 pm
Tuesday, 8 am -6 pm
Wednesday 8 am -6 pm
As with adult testing, you can schedule an appointment by going to the 'Am I Eligible' NYS DOH website.
Please note Stony Brook Children’s Hospital is also ffering the pediatric COVID-19 vaccine to their patients ages 5 through 11. To book an appointment call (631) 444-KIDS (5437).
Current law allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations for vaccines. The following links outline exemption criteria and instructions:
Vaccine PODs on Campus
The Student Activities Center has opened up a new vaccine point of distribution (POD) site for students. Johnson & Johnson, and a limited supply of Pfizer, vaccines are also available at that location now for employees. Learn more at the Student Health Service website.
Appointments are also available at our vaccination sites located in the Innovation
& Discovery Building (IDC) in Stony Brook’s Research and Development Park. Currently,
the site is open from 8 am to 6:15 pm, seven days a week, with a daily limited number
of walk-in appointments available.
Learn more and schedule an appointment here.
Information for Students
- To ensure the health and safety of our campus community, all students intending to register for, and taking in-person classes, living on campus, or utilizing Stony Brook campus facilities are required to comply with mandatory immunization requirements (COVID-19, MMR and Meningitis).
- If students have not submitted the required immunization records to the Wolfie Health Portal , there is a registration hold on their SOLAR account, and they cannot register for classes until that hold is removed. The registration hold will be removed once students complete and submit the requirements noted in Student Health’s Immunizations website .
- Please visit our website ( stonybrook.edu/immunizations ) for more information, including how to submit proof of vaccination to the Wolfie Health Portal and other special considerations .
- To date, 100% of all Stony Brook students enrolled in at least one in-person class have submitted proof of their COVID vaccination.
- Students who have any questions about vaccinations should email email@example.com.
Information for Faculty and Staff on West Campus
- Fully vaccinated employees who have shared their vaccination status with us have been notified of their monthly COVID-19 Surveillance testing schedule.
- Unvaccinated/Unknown Status Employees: Mandatory weekly surveillance testing will continue to be required for any person who has any physical presence on campus, and who has not been fully vaccinated or who has not shared their vaccinated status with us.
Information for Faculty and Staff of the HSC, Stony Brook University Hospital (SBUH), and the Long Island State Veterans Home (LISVH)
- These employees must be vaccinated in accordance with the New York State mandatory vaccine requirement.
- All employees at these sites are expected to follow testing requirements.
There's a Hotline for That
For those who have questions about vaccine site locations, missed appointments, appointment availability, vaccine eligibility, proof of vaccines and more, Stony Brook Medicine’s COVID Vaccine Hotline serves as a resource for you. Call (631) 638-1320 to reach the hotline Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.