Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Admissions
The Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program (PBPH) has limited admissions, therefore the submission of an application package does not guarantee admission to the program. Admission will be granted to select candidates based on certain criteria that are detailed below. All applications are reviewed by the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program Admissions Committee.
For admission to graduate study, the following are required:
- Personal statement. (In 750-1000 words, describe how this program connects with your career goals).
- Official transcripts indicating conferral of a bachelor's (or master's) degree from ALL post-secondary schools attended. Competitive applicants normally present a minimum 3.3 cumulative grade point average.
- In those cases where the PBPH admissions committee deems it desirable, personal interviews with PBPH representatives may be requested
Letters of recommendation and any other supporting documentation is optional, however they may be submitted at the discretion of the applicant.
How to Apply
- Applications, letters of recommendation, personal statements, any other required materials and a nonrefundable $25 application fee are submitted online through Apply Yourself.
- PBPH applicants should select the following from the when completing the application on ApplyYourself:
Intended Program = Post-baccalaureate Pre-Health (PBPH)
Intended Entry Term = Spring 20XX, or Fall 20XX
- Official transcripts may be sent electronically from the institution to the School of Professional Development or may be mailed to:
School of Professional Development/ PBPH Admissions
2321 Computer Science Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794 - 4434 (full zip code must be used)
- Fall admission: May 1
- Spring admission: November 1
All students may expect to hear from the School of Professional Development (SPD)/Stony Brook University via email regarding an admissions decision approximately three to four weeks after the application deadline date has passed.
SPD must be in receipt of your complete application package by the published deadline for the requested term of admission, Fall or Spring, in order to be reviewed by the PBPH Admissions Committee.
Stony Brook University/SUNY is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer. Stony Brook University is 100 percent tobacco-free.