Advanced Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
The Advanced Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management was designed to provide HR practitioners with the necessary knowledge to make informed management and policy decisions. Certificate credits may also be used to fulfill requirements in either the Master of Science in Human Resource Management or Master of Arts in Liberal Studies program offered through the School of Professional Development, or the Master of Business Administration offered through the College of Business. (Be advised that not all courses count for both programs. Students should compare the degree and certificate requirements prior to enrolling.)
Course of Study
This certificate program consists of five 3-credit courses distributed among the areas listed below.
Required Courses - 12 credits (4 courses)
- HRM 532 Foundations of Human Resources
- HRM 533 Employee Relations and Labor Management
- HRM 545 Employment Law and Policy
- HRM 548 Diversity and Global Issues in the Workplace
Elective - 3 credits (select one of the following courses)
- HRM 538 Organizational Development and Change Management
- HRM 546 Job Evaluation, Compensation Systems, and Benefits
- HRM 547 Performance Management in Organizations
Statement of Student Responsibility
Students themselves are responsible for reviewing, understanding, and abiding by the University's regulations, procedures, requirements, and deadlines as described in the SPD Bulletin and all other official University publications and websites.