Higher Education Administration Association
The Higher Education Administration Association is a group of and for students enrolled in Stony Brook University's Higher Education Administration programs. It is intended to connect students with their peers to have open dialogues and build community among members.
The goals of this group are to:
- Help new HEA students with their transition to the program
- Facilitate networking among peers, alumni, faculty, and industry practitioners
- Increase awareness of University culture (including potential funding as a recognized student group)
- Engage in community service
- Encourage career advancement opportunities
If you are interested in being a part of the HEAA, please complete the following
Member Registration Form.
Questions? Contact the HEAA at
Visit the HEAA LinkedIn Group
President: Sandra Buatti-Ramos
Vice President: Vacant
Treasurer: Nicole Chiuchiolo
Secretary: Erin Maurno
Peer Mentor Program:
The HEA Peer Mentor program was developed by the HEAA, in partnership with the HEA program leadership, to support new students entering the graduate program. Through education, campus acclimation activities, and mentorship, Peer Mentors will work with Peer Mentees to foster meaningful relationships, share resources and information, and provide opportunities for socialization and professional networking.