- Continuing and Corporate Education
- Contact Us
The School of Professional Development is looking for a HEA student to assist with our student academic success area. The graduate student will be a member of the student success team and will assist with developing advising practices for the professional graduate students. This position will support retention and degree completion options for SPD's Graduate Programs
This practicum will take place over two terms, in both the Fall and Spring semesters; the HEA student must enroll in HEA 586 (in the Fall semester) and HEA 587 (in the Spring semester).
Qualifications: Once hired the student will then be able to register for HEA 586 after speaking with the Higher Education Program Director. The incumbent should possess critical thinking skills and be comfortable communicating via email, phone, and online platforms.
- Create fluid and comprehensive degree completion plans for: Masters in Human Resources Management, Masters in Higher Education Administration, Post Masters Certificate in Educational Leadership, and Masters in Liberal Studies.
- Scheduling calls or zooms with students and responding to questions they have regarding the degree program they are enrolled in.
- Assisting with the launch and verification of Degree Works for all SPD students
- Attend Enrollment Management Meetings and Weekly Student Success Team Meetings.
- Work with Program Directors, learn about each program, and suggest ways SPD can improve their advising services.
By the conclusion of this practicum you will be able to list the following skills/experiences on your resume:
Open House and Info Session Coordinator
Scheduling Evaluation and Development
Interested students should email Diane.Perillo@stonybrook.edu. Please include a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position.
School of Professional Development | 2321 Computer Science | Stony Brook, NY
(631) 632-7050 | email@example.com | Directory | Quick Links