For admission to graduate study, the following are required:
- Personal statement. In 500-750 words, please explain how this certificate program will assist you in advancing your professional and/or personal goals.
- An official transcript indicating conferral of a bachelor's degree (minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average).
- In those cases where the departmental admissions committee deems it desirable, personal interviews with departmental representatives may be requested.
International Students/Language Requirements
There are additional requirements for international applicants or those for whom English is not their primary language. » View details.
Under certain circumstances, promising candidates who lack the required academic preparation may be considered for conditional admission. » Conditional Admissions Policy
Stony Brook University/SUNY is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer. Stony Brook University is 100 percent tobacco-free.
How to Apply
All materials must be submitted by the published deadlines. Applications submitted after these deadlines will be accepted on a space-available basis. If there is no space available for the requested term, applications will be considered for the following term.
- Applications, personal statements, any other required materials and a nonrefundable $100 application fee are submitted online through Apply Yourself.
- Students who take courses on campus will also be required to submit an immunization form to Student Health Services. Visit the Student Health Services Web site for more information.
- Transcripts and any other supporting materials not included in your electronic application can be sent to:
2321 Computer Science Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794 - 4434
Application Deadline Dates:
Fall: July 1
Spring: December 1
Summer I: April 1
Summer II: May 15