For admission to graduate study, the following are required:
- Personal statement. In 500-750 words, please explain how this certificate program will assist you in advancing your professional and/or personal goals.
- An official transcript indicating conferral of a bachelor's degree (minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average).
- In those cases where the departmental admissions committee deems it desirable, personal interviews with departmental representatives may be requested.
International Students/Language Requirements
There are additional requirements for international applicants or those for whom English is not their primary language. » View details.
Under certain circumstances, promising candidates who lack the required academic preparation may be considered for conditional admission. » Conditional Admissions Policy
Stony Brook University/SUNY is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer. Stony Brook University is 100 percent tobacco-free.
How to Apply
To expedite the application and admissions process, please upload and/or send all materials to the SPD contact as required by your program at the time of submission of your application.
All materials must be submitted by the published deadlines. Applications submitted after these deadlines will be accepted on a space-available basis. If there is no space available for the requested term, applications will be considered for the following term.
- Applications, personal statements, any other required materials and a nonrefundable $100 application fee are submitted online through Apply Yourself.
- Students who take courses on campus will also be required to submit an immunization form to Student Health Services. Visit the Student Health Services Web site for more information.
- Transcripts and any other supporting materials not included in your electronic application can be sent to:
2321 Computer Science Building
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794 - 4434
*Please do not send any SPD application materials to the Graduate School.
Application Deadline Dates:
Fall: July 1
Spring: December 1
Summer I: April 1
Summer II: May 15