Application & Guidelines
5-day Playwriting workshops: July 18 - 22
12-day Residency: July 11-22
• For Scholarship Consideration: March 15
• All Other Applications: April 1
Early application is encouraged, as workshop space is limited. Notification of acceptance will ordinarily be mailed within four weeks. Applications received after April 1 will be considered on a rolling basis if space is available.
1.Applications are done through our online form. Please make sure you have all your documents collected and ready for uploading before you begin, to make the process as easy as possible.
Apply online here
2. Up to 20 pages of a scene, play or musical work in progress. If you are applying to be part of the Development Lab your submission must be part of the piece you are looking to have read here in Southampton. All work should be laid out in legit play script format, double-spaced in 12-point font with your name and page numbers on each page. Please submit PDF or Word Docs only. No Final Draft accepted.
3. Please include an up-to-date résumé or bio with your application:
• Secondary consideration is given to an indication of how you will benefit from the experience of joining us. Please provide a statement of purpose describing what you hope to accomplish in the workshop or festival and what motivates you to apply.
• Partial scholarships are available. To apply for a scholarship, please include a personal statement and a letter of recommendation attesting to the strength of your work along with the other materials.
• Date of birth: All applicants, including non-credit, must be at least 18 years of
and must register for the entire duration of the course. We also need this information
for housing and drink/food purposes.