Apply to the Audio Podcast Fellows
- It’s intensive : You lead busy lives. Learn everything you need to know on a schedule that accommodates working professionals.
- It’s connected : Receive advanced instruction from top New York City professionals working successfully in podcast and radio productions. Intern on one or more popular podcasts.
- It’s professionally useful: You leave the program with a finished, ready-to-market pilot of your own, prepared to enter this growing, high-demand field.
- It’s affordable : The total cost for a NY resident is $8,200.
- It’s selective : You are one of only ten Fellows, chosen from a highly competitive admissions process.
Who Should Apply?
Writers, Producers, Actors, Storytellers, Reporters and anyone considering another career opportunity. This evolving field has already attracted podcasters with the widest range of interests and previous experience. There is no rigid path to podcast success and no requisite professional or academic training. Applicants may or may not be passionate listeners to podcasts, but they will understand the potential of this new medium to reach an audience by informing and entertaining.
How To Apply:
- Fill out the online application
- Submit the following by email to
- Two letters of reference
- Create a two-minute audio sample — your choice of a mini podcast, an interview, or a personal profile about yourself in monologue — and provide a link to stream or download
When to Apply?
Applications are being accepted now and admission is on a rolling basis. Completed applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received. Once an application is complete, applicants will be notified four to five weeks after submission of acceptance status. The Program will continue rolling admissions until the twelve spots are filled.