● We accept manuscripts for novels or linked short story collections.
● We look for a small number of talented fiction writers with promising novel drafts. BookEnds requires a sustained commitment to a manuscript in progress, and the ability to generate constructive criticism for and with a small group of peers.
● To apply, we require the following documents: novel manuscript, a statement of purpose (300 words maximum), a summary of the novel (300 words maximum), and a resume.
● Standard application deadline is February 15,
2022. Deadline for scholarship applications is February 1, 2022. Interviews take
place in February and early March. Admitted fellows will be notified before April
1, 2022, and must accept by April 7th.
● If your manuscript is selected, cost for the program is $8,400.
● The application software is generated through Submittable, and therefore requires a Submittable account. If you do not have a Submittable account and still wish to apply, please contact BookEnds at email@example.comAPPLY