One Life-Changing Year.
- We accept manuscripts for novels or linked short story collections.
- We look for a small number of talented fiction writers with promising novel drafts. BookEnds requires a sustained commitment to a manuscript in progress, and the ability to generate constructive criticism for and with a small group of peers.
- To apply, we require the following documents: novel manuscript, a statement of purpose (500 words maximum), a summary of the novel (300 words maximum), and a resume. We also require two recommendations from mentors or professors.
- Standard application deadline is March 1, 2020. Deadline for scholarship applications is February 16, 2020. Interviews take place in March. Applicants are notified on or about April 1, 2020.
- If your manuscript is selected, cost for the program is $8,400.
- The application software is generated through Google, and therefore requires a Gmail account. If you do not have a Gmail account and still wish to apply, please contact BookEnds at email@example.com .