Disclosure is the term used for an external interest or commitment that is entered
into myResearch COI
Certification is the activity of reporting whether or not you hold any external interest
or commitment in myResearch COI
Annual Disclosure Certifications are required annually between May 1st and May 31st
or immediately upon being subject to the campus policy (P209)
Within thirty (30) days of discovering or acquiring a new external interest or commitment.
At the time of establishing a faculty owned company.
At the request of the DIO, where new external interests or commitments have come to
the attention of the DIO.
Travel must be disclosed within thirty (30) days of said travel. Alternatively, travel
that is anticipated can be disclosed anytime in advance and would satisfy the thirty
(30) day requirement.
A researcher has a significant non-University obligation to either:
• an individual or a private organization that provides support for a University research,
educational or public service activity; or
• an organization (or individual) with which (whom) the University has an agreement
to provide support for the conduct of a program project, activity or service supervised
by the researcher.
A researcher has a consulting arrangement with a business enterprise that either:
• supports, or is supported by, University programs involving the researcher; or
• is licensed to commercialize University technologies invented by the researcher.
A researcher has significant external interest in a business enterprise that either:
• supports, or is supported by, the researcher's University research; or
• owns, or has applied for the patent, or manufacturing or marketing rights to a drug,
device, product, or procedure that either:
- is a subject of, or will predictably result from, the researcher's University research,
- can reasonably be expected to compete with a drug, device, product or procedure
that will predictably result from the researcher's University research.
A researcher holds a position as consultant, officer, director, trustee or owner of
a non-University business enterprise that supports or is supported by the researcher's
The University uses the
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) web-based program to meet our training needs.
Select "SUNY - University at Stony Brook" as your institution and then use your NetID
Yes, there are examples in the
Standard Operating Procedures