The possession, sale, service and consumption of alcoholic beverages on any University site is regulated by federal, state and county law.
- Alcohol may be purchased, possessed or consumed only by individuals who have attained the age of 21.
- Unless a permit has been obtained from the State Liquor Authority, Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control ("SLA Permit") by the sponsoring individual or organization, the consumption of alcohol or possession of an open container of alcohol anywhere on campus is generally prohibited. This includes, by way of example only, classrooms, grounds, parking lots, student lounges and bathrooms. Students who are age 21 or over may possess and consume alcohol in accordance with the University Student Conduct Code. See "University Student Conduct Code" provided at the end of this policy.
- When alcohol is served, food, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages must be provided in sufficient variety, quantity and abundance commensurate with the availability of the alcoholic beverages.
- Consumption of alcohol may not be the primary focus of any event. Promoting increased consumption by emphasizing free or reduced price alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- Marketing and/or advertisement of alcohol or alcohol-related activities on the campus or in official University publications is strictly prohibited. Campus events at which alcohol will be served may not emphasize the service of alcohol in marketing material. Student publications should not accept advertising that promotes the irresponsible use or consumption of alcoholic beverages (e.g.: "beer bash", "kamikaze night", "drink specials", etc.). All publicity planned to be distributed for student-sponsored events involving the service of alcohol must be approved in advance by the Office of Student Affairs.