A small business enterprise is identified as a business that employs 100 or fewer persons and is resident in New York State, independently owned and operated, and not dominant in its field.
To all State Agencies and Political Subdivisions
The New York State Small Business Initiative was developed by the OGS Procurement Services Group as a streamlined process for New York State agencies to exercise their statutory discretionary purchase levels for specific products not available from State contract. This initiative can be used for purchases valued up to $30,000 without the need to conduct a formal procurement or advertise in the Contract Reporter. (Local governments and other entities may purchase listed products according to their own policies and/or statutory requirements).
Businesses qualify by having status as a resident small business or as a minority/women-owned business or by providing a recycled/remanufactured product.
The Office of General Services offers this notification as a service to our customers. OGS makes no representations about, nor implies any endorsement of, this product or the contents of this information.
It is the responsibility of purchasing agencies to determine whether the product(s) listed below will meet their form, function and utility at a reasonable cost or on a best value basis. These determinations should be documented in the agency procurement record.
- Procurement Technical Assistance Centers
- NY Loves Business
- Small Business Development Center
- Association of Minority Enterprises of New York
- National Association of Professional Women in Construction
- Regional Alliance for Small Contractors
- Suffolk County Minority Affairs
- Nassau County Office of Minority Affairs
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Stony Brook University Facilities and Services
- Stony Brook University Division of Information Technology
- U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency
- Diversity Information Resources
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc.
- Native American Business Alliance
- Association for Service Disabled Veterans
- U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- New York State Contract Reporter
- Directory of Certified Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises
- Office of General Services