How To Do Business With The University
The Procurement Office at Stony Brook University is responsible for the purchasing, contracts, accounts payable, and shipping/receiving functions for the University campus. Purchasing and receiving activities for University Hospital and the Long Island State Veterans Home are handled by those areas directly and can be reached at 631-444-4050 and 631-444-8623 respectively.
What To Know When Doing Business With Us
Make yourself known to us
- If you believe that a market exists on the campus for commodities or services provided by your firm, let us know. The Procurement Office would be more than happy to meet with you and provide potential end user information for you to market your goods/services. See our website for detailed information on bid limits, purchase orders, etc.
Get on our bid list
- Vendors interested in being placed on the University bid list should register here:
- Current Bid Opportunities
- Or call the Bid Section at (631) 632-9060
We make the awards
- The award of contracts or purchase orders for the University campus is done ONLY by the Procurement Office. No other entity can make an award or other commitment of funds. If you have a question along these lines, contact us at (631) 632-6010.
Receipt of Goods
- All goods, unless pre-arranged, must be delivered to Central Receiving, which is located in the Central Services building on the north side of campus. Here goods will be inspected to ensure the order is correct and items undamaged. To contact Central Receiving for hours of operation: (631) 632-6305.
- Procurement Office is open to respond to your inquiries from 08:00AM to 05:00PM daily. Contact number is (631) 632-6010.