MWBE & SDVOB Important Information
It is the University's policy to take affirmative action to ensure that New York State certified Minority and Women - owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs) and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses (SDVOBs) are given the opportunity to provide the University with commodities and services at competitive prices.
NYS, the Governor's Office and the SUNY Board of Trustees have established a goal that 30% of all purchases be made with certified NYS Minority and Women owned businesses (MWBEs)
All personnel purchasing for their departments are to search Empire State Development's MWBE directory and are encouraged to make their procurement with a certified NYS MWBE company. Please review the links listed below relating to MWBE program procedures and directory searches.
Good Faith Effort
NYS Executive Law Article 15-A & Article 17-B, and University policy require campuses, and the vendors and contractors to make a good faith effort to procure materials, supplies, equipment and services from NYS certified MWBE and SDVOB companies and to meet University established goals for MWBE & SDVOB participation in contracts.
- Procurement Opportunities for New York State Certified Minority- and Women-Owned Businesses (SUNY Policy 7556)
- Participation by Minority Group Members and Women (MWBEs) with Respect to SUNY Contracts (SUNY Policy 7557)
- Empire State Development's Division of Minority and Women-Owned Business Development
- Search Directory of New York State Certified Minority-and Women-Owned Businesses
- Participation by Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOBs) with Respect to State Univeristy of New York Contracts
- Search Directory of New York State Certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses
Questions related to the MWBE-SDVOB program can be directed to Maria Bracco at (631) 632-4155 or Maria.Bracco@stonybrook.edu