The Stony Brook Alumni Association seeks to reach, serve and engage all Stony Brook Alumni, students and other constituencies to foster a lifelong intellectual and emotional connection between the University and its graduates, and to provide the University with goodwill and support. Visit the Alumni website at http://alumniandfriends.stonybrook.edu/
The Department of Political Science proudly recognizes its Distinguished Alumni Award winners. Please send your nominations for the Political Science Distinguished Alumni Award to Dr. Matthew Lebo , department chair.
DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARD WINNERS
- 2015: Latoya Joyner, New York State Assemblywoman
- 2014: Barry Devolin, Member of the Canadian House of Commons
- 2013: Lynda Nicolino, Bethpage Federal Credit Union, Corporate General Counsel
- 2012: John T. (JT) Mastranadi, Political Director for Citizens United.
- 2011: Aylin Karamehmetoglu, Chief of Staff, Cordoba Initiative
- 2010: Ron Nehring, Chair, California Republican Party
- 2009: R. Stephanie Good, Attorney at Law & Bestselling Author
- 2008: Kabando-wa-Kabando, Member of the National Assembly, Kenya
- 2007: Scott Middleton, Mayor and Justice, Lake Grove, NY
- 2006: Jonathan Salant, President, National Press Club
- 2005: Marlene Budd, Suffolk County Family Court Judge
- 2004: Kevin Law, President, Long Island Power Authority
- 2003: Steve Levy, Suffolk County Executive
- 2002: Colleen Murphy Ommundsen, NYC Police Officer and 9-11 Responder
- 2001: Osita Iroku, Businessman; Chair, Delta Acquisitions Group
- 2000: James F. Gesualdi, Attorney at Law
- 1999: Gerald Rokoff, Partner, White & Case
- 1998: Michael Manoussos, Founder, Manoussos & Associates; Chairman and CEO, Manhole Barrier Security Systems, Inc.
- 1997: David Rokoff, Attorney and Entrepreneur
- 1996: Sheldon Cohen, Senior Managing Director, CB Richard Ellis
Prior to 1995
- Hamad A. Al-Kawari, Information and Cultural Minister, Qatar
- Denise Coleman, Author; Founder, Chronic Pain Awareness Project
- Robert Gallucci, Ambassador, Assistant Secretary of State, United Nations Weapons Inspector; Dean, Georgetown School of Foreign Service; President of the John D. and Catherine T. Mac Arthur Foundation
- Richard Gelfond, Co-Chairman and Co-Ceo, Imax Corporation; Chair, Stony Brook Foundation
- Babak Movahedi, Real-estate developer
- Len Spivak, Partner, Cahill Gordon & Reindell
- Carole Weidman Nussbaum, Founder, Weidman & Siegel Baum; President, Cabrillo Music Theater
Please send your nominations for the Political Science Distinguished Alumni Award to Department Chair, Dr. Matthew Lebo.
Let’s stay connected!
Stay in touch with us to learn about Department of Political Science events, networking opportunities and more. If you are not registered as a Political Science alumnus and want to receive occasional emails and news updates, click here .