P506A: Disbursement of Non Payroll Checks
- Issued by:
- Office of Administration
- Policy 48, July, 1981, PR385, March 1979
- January, 2008
The Controller is responsible for the approval of all procedures related to disbursement of monies at the University. The Bursar's Office is responsible for the disbursement of all checks except for payroll checks.
- Signature Identification
- Each check must be signed for by the individual to whom it is released. Checks will
be released to payees or authorized designees only on presentation of one of the following
forms of identification:
- Valid Stony Brook University identification card
- Valid State driver's license
- Valid passport
- Current identification badge or card bearing description, signature and/or photograph
- By signed memorandum to the Bursar, other individuals may be designated to pick up checks on a one-time basis.
- Travel Advances
- Travel advances will be released to the payee or authorized signer with proper identification and signature on the "Application and Account for Travel Advance" form.
- Mailing Checks
- The mailing of checks will be governed by the following:
- Checks will not be mailed to an on-campus address.
- Checks for establishment or reimbursement of Petty Cash Funds will not be mailed and will be released to Custodian of the Fund only.
- Payments to vendors will be mailed directly to vendors.
Office of the Bursar
Room 261, Administration Building
(631) 63 2-9316