P503: Salary Advances Against Payroll
- Issued by:
- Office of Administration
- Policy 45, October, 1974
- May, 2008
Under specific circumstances and at the request of a department head, the Director of Human Resource Services (HRS), or designee, may authorize the payment of a 'salary advance' against wages already earned by an employee.
- Requests for an 'advance' must be sent to HRS for review and processing.
- Requests should only be made if the employee's entire paycheck is delayed or in error.
- Only regular base salary may be considered.
- Salary advances may be granted up to 70% of gross salary earned.
- Salary advances will generally not be approved as short term loans or for exception payments such as Overtime, Extra Time, Extra Service, Vacation lump-sum payments at termination, or accrued Vacation, Sick, Holiday, Personal, or Compensatory time.
Human Resource Services
- Manager of State Payroll
Requests must be e-mailed to 'Payroll'
- Research Foundation:
- Manager of Research Payroll
Requests must be e-mailed to 'RF Payroll'
- Office address and phone:
- Human Resource Services
Stony Brook, NY 11794-0751
(631) 63 2-6200