P110: Employee Training and Development
Dated: May 20 th, 2008
- Issued by:
- Office of the Vice President for Finance & Administration
- May, 2008
The University is committed to the continuing development of its employees through appropriate training and feedback. Managers encourage employees to participate in approved programs that strengthen workplace skills and/or provide personal growth.
- STATE EMPLOYEES
- Performance Programs and Evaluations include discussions about training and development. Training that is immediately relevant to the employee's workplace responsibilities should be incorporated into the employee's performance program. Prior written approval by the supervisor is required for courses taken during normal working hours. Employees are expected to use their own time for programs or courses for personal development.
- Employees may participate in several training programs of varying duration during the course of the year. The amount of time an employee spends in training should be directly related to the learning needs identified in the mutually agreed upon development plan and will vary according to individual needs and the needs of his/her department. All employees must have access to training and development opportunities that support his/her professional growth.
- EMPLOYEES OF RELATED ORGANIZATIONS/CORPORATIONS
- Employees of non-State organizations (i.e. Research Foundation, Clinical Practice Management Plan, etc.) are welcome to participate in approved programs for training and development. Prior written approval by the supervisor is required.
Office of Human Resources
Training & Organizational Development
Room 390, Administration Building
Stony Brook, NY 11794
Interoffice zip = 0751
Phone: (631) 63 2-4501
Fax: (631) 63 2-2414
Corporate Education and Training
Stony Brook University Medical Center
15 Technology Drive
E. Setauket, NY 11733
Interoffice zip = 9155
Phone: (631) 44 4-4306
Fax: (631) 44 4-9806
- SUNY Policy Handbook: 018 Tuition and Fee Assistance for Employees