P104: Use of University Stationery
- Issued by:
- Office of the Vice President for Communications and Marketing/Chief Communications Officer
- Policy 27 (in part), January, 1987
- September, 2008
- April, 2016
The use of University stationery is strictly limited to official University business. Using University stationery to conduct personal or non-agency business is prohibited. University employees must exercise care to separate their official and personal activities in order to avoid potential conflicts of interest as well as the appearance of such conflicts. Furthermore:
- The official University stationery has been designed and proportioned for consistency and should be ordered from the campus stationery vendor.
- Under no circumstances should individual departments create their own stationery.
- No graphic images or other logos should be used on official stationery without approval from the Office of the Vice President for Communications and Marketing.
- Improper use of University stationery should be reported to the Office of the Vice President for Communications and Marketing.
For information related to this policy, the following office may be contacted:
Office of the Vice President for Communications and Marketing/Chief Communications
Room 138, Administration Building
Stony Brook, NY 11794-0605
(631) 63 2-6335