Who Should Apply?
Writers, producers, storytellers, editors, print and radio reporters and anyone considering another career opportunity. This evolving field has already attracted podcasters with the widest range of interests and previous experience. There is no rigid path to podcast success and no requisite professional or academic training. Applicants may or may not be passionate listeners to podcasts, but they will understand the potential of this new medium to reach an audience by informing and entertaining.\
- It’s intensive : You lead busy lives. Learn everything you need to know on a schedule that accommodates working professionals.
- It’s connected : Receive advanced instruction from top New York City professionals working successfully in podcast and radio productions. Intern on one or more popular podcasts.
- It’s professionally useful: Students leave the program with a finished, ready-to-market pilot of their podcast and prepared to enter and work in this growing, high-demand field.
- It’s selective : Apply to be one of only ten, chosen from a highly competitive admissions process.
- It's affordable: Our one-year in person program only costs $8200. Scolarships and Financial Aid are also available on a case by case basis.
Students will take advantage of two Stony Brook classroom and recording locations:
The newly renovated David Rakoff Podcast Studio on the Southampton campus and, in Manhattan, the Center for Creative Writing and Film, at 535 Eighth Avenue, near Penn Station.
The program will include field trips to conferences, live recordings/shows, and studios around the city. Accepted students will have the opportunity to work in a studio on other podcasts as well as their own.
When to Apply?
Completed applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received. Once an application is complete, applicants will be notified four to five weeks after submission of acceptance status. The Program will continue rolling admissions until the ten seats in each location are filled. Final deadline is July 20, 2020.