Experience Stony Brook (Orientation Part II)
Mark Your Calendars!
New student move-in day:
By assigned times only - Wednesday, August 19, 2020 & Thursday, August 20, 2020
Experience Stony Brook (required): Thursday, August 20 , 2020 to Sunday, August 23, 2020
Classes begin: Monday, August 24, 2020
What is Experience Stony Brook?
Experience Stony Brook is a multi-day virtual program. You will meet with other students and will receive important information about your rights and responsibilities as a Stony Brook student, including policy information. You will attend a series of programs and activities designed to acclimate you to Stony Brook and introduce you to faculty, staff, and fellow students.
These days are required for all new students. Students who do not attend Experience Stony Brook will receive an Orientation Hold on their account and will be required to participate in the Required Orientation Makeup Experience (ROME) during the semester.
What is the schedule for Experience Stony Brook?
Students will each have a unique schedule. I n order to fulfill Fall 2020 Orientation Part II requirements, students are required to attend all of the following programs.
- ‘Tell All’ sessions featuring faculty, advisors, and student leaders
- Gender Awareness and Equality
- Seawolves This Is Us: an All Inclusive Campus Community
- (2) “Choose Your Own Workshops”
- **Additional sessions may be required for special populations. If this applies to you, these sessions will automatically populate along with the above sessions in SB Engaged.
Who can I contact if I have questions or need accommodations?
Students who have questions about orientation or require an accommodation should contact the office of Student Orientation and Family Programs at (631) 632-6710 or at email@example.com .