If you are new International students looking for information about travel to the US or travel to Stony Brook University, please click on the links accordingly.
The Office of Transportation and Parking Operations provides essential transportation and parking solutions for Stony Brook University. SBU Transit is a bus transportation on campus for students, staff, faculties and guest members of the university.
As a student at Stony Brook University, you have free access to the SBU transit service. The SBU Transit service includes over 15 destinations on Stony Brook University Main Campus (East, West, and South), Stony Brook University Main Campus to/from Stony Brook Southampton, as well as to a variety of Sunday Shopping Route destinations.
Please visit the SBU Transit service page to find out more about the service, including their service hours and maps.
SBU Smart Transit is the Stony Brook University student developed passenger information system for SBU Transit. SBU Smart transit offers an easy and convenient way to view real-time information on SBU Transit vehicle locations. It's also available at the apps store for smartphones.
The Office of Transportation and Parking Operations provides essential transportation and parking solutions for Stony Brook University. If you have any questions or concerns about transportation service at Stony Brook University, please visit their website for more detailed information.
Here are a list of off-campus transportation service. Please refer to the service provider for updated schedule, routes and other services related information.
The Suffolk Transit Connection is a transportation service provided to current Stony Brook University students who are interested in traveling between Stony Brook University and local off-campus area destinations for food, shopping, and recreational activities. The service is provided through a partnership between Stony Brook University and Suffolk County and is a sustainable transportation solution only available to current Stony Brook University students who hold a valid Stony Brook University identification card.
The Suffolk Transit Connection offers the following transportation services:
- On Saturdays Only: Current Stony Brook University students may utilize their valid SBU ID Card to board Suffolk Transit S60/69 & 3D bus routes, in order to travel to/from the Smith Haven Mall & Village of Port Jefferson and all points in between.
- On Sundays Only: Current Stony Brook University students may utilize their valid SBU ID Card to board the Suffolk Transit 3D bus route, in order to travel to/from the Smith Haven Mall and all points in between.
- Current Stony Brook University students who hold and show their valid SBU ID Card can board Suffolk Transit S60/69 & 3D bus routes from "Suffolk Transit" marked bus stops at Stony Brook University. For more information on "Suffolk Transit" bus stops, please see our SBU Transit Map and/or the listing of Suffolk Transit bus stops below.
- Suffolk Transit Connection replaces SBU Transit Mall Routes (East & West Campus) on Saturdays, which saves the University approximately 3,500 gallons of fuel per year. As a result, SBU Transit does not operate the Mall Routes (East & West Campus) on Saturdays.
- For Suffolk Transit bus schedules, please see the following:
For other Suffolk County Transportation service information please refer to the Suffolk County Transportation Website.