Experience Stony Brook
Mark Your Calendars!
Experience Stony Brook (required): Monday, January 11 , 2021 to Sunday, January
31 , 2021
Classes begin: Monday, February 1, 2021
What is Experience Stony Brook?
Experience Stony Brook (ESB) is a multi-day virtual set of workshops, geared toward getting you acclimated to Stony Brook and to introduce you to faculty, staff, and fellow students.
These workshops are required for all new students. Students who do not attend the workshops listed below will receive an Orientation Hold on their SOLAR account, preventing them from registering for the following semester, and will be required to participate in the Required Orientation Makeup Experience (ROME) .
What is the schedule for Experience Stony Brook?
Students will each have a unique schedule. I n order to fulfill ESB requirements, students are required to attend all of the following workshops.
- ‘Tell All’ sessions featuring faculty, advisors, and student leaders
- Gender Awareness and Equality
- Seawolves This Is Us: an All Inclusive Campus Community
- (2) “Choose Your Own Workshops”
- **Additional workshops may be required for special populations. If this applies to you, these workshops will automatically populate along with the above workshops in SB Engaged.
Who can I contact if I have questions or need accommodations?
Students who have questions about orientation or require an accommodation should contact the office of Student Orientation and Family Programs at (631) 632-6710 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .