SAVE THE DATE: September 21-23, 2018
We invite all family members to take part in Family Weekend, a traditional event that occurs in the Fall Semester. Family members connect with their students for a chance to experience a bit of student life at Stony Brook University as well as the surrounding area. Join us for a weekend of fun-filled activities and entertainment for the entire family! Please note, SBU students will need a ticket to participate in Family Weekend. Please coordinate with your student regarding their availability prior to purchasing tickets.
- Hilton Garden Inn (on-campus): $234/night. Reserve here using the group code FAMILY
- Holiday Inn Express (2 miles from campus): $174.99/night. Reserve here
* Please continue to check our website regarding registration information for Family Weekend 2018*
- Each attendee, including SBU students, must purchase a ticket.
- Family Weekend ticket sales are final and refunds will NOT be given for non-attendance. Family Weekend is a rain or shine event. Wolfie Wallet or Meal Plan are not accepted as a payment method for the Family Weekend Saturday passes.
- Please note that University-sponsored photographers will be at this event. By registering for this event, you understand that photographs may be taken and used in future university publications. If you would not like your photograph to be used in this capacity, please decline requests for photographs by our photographer.
- For questions or special accommodations/needs regarding the Family Weekend, contact the Student Orientation & Family Programs Office at (631) 632-6710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A final confirmation message with details regarding the Family Weekend event will be sent to the email address provided on your registration form a week before Family Weekend.
Family Weekend kicks off with a dessert reception on Friday evening. On Saturday, family members have the opportunity to attend a variety of activities as part of our CommUniversity event, enjoy a tailgate barbeque, and support our Stony Brook Seawolves at the football game! On Sunday, the weekend closes out with brunch at East Side or West Side Dining with your student before exploring the area or heading home.