Open SUNY is a SUNY-wide collaboration that opens the door to world-class online-enabled learning opportunities. Open SUNY is not a new degree program or a new school; it’s a seamless way for you to access the courses, degrees, professors, and rich academics of all 64 SUNY campuses flexibly—wherever and whenever you want. For the first time, SUNY is delivering its renowned high-quality education with an unprecedented breadth of tools, services, and supports designed to help you be successful.
For more information, please visit Open SUNY Website
To check the list of courses offered as a part of Open SUNY, please visit Open SUNY Online Course Listing
The Innovative Instruction Transformation Team, established as an outcome of the SUNY Strategic Plan, made recommendations to leverage the “Power of SUNY” for supporting academic excellence and student success. A vision for a “network of networks” emerged, including tools and practices that will collaboratively increase efficiency and capacity for SUNY-wide delivery of high quality instruction. The Chancellor, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost and SUNY Board of Trustees have endorsed solutions that will:
- Enhance teaching and learning by providing affordable, innovative, and flexible education in a full range of instructional formats
- Develop instructional talent by creating and supporting communities of practice across disciplines and institutions
- Support, monitor and embrace research on pedagogical practices to continually improve the instructional practices of SUNY faculty
- Extend teaching and learning environments to provide new avenues for development and delivery of collaborative content, courses, and programs in New York and across the globe through Open SUNY
For more information, please visit Innovative Instruction Technology Grants Website
The development of a SUNY Learning Commons was one of four key recommendations of the SUNY Strategic Plan Innovative Instruction Transformation Team.
The SUNY Learning Commons is designed to allow SUNY learners and educators to:
- Find learning opportunities that are available across campuses through a series of course and program catalogs;
- Easily access information needed to establish a plan for degree completion;
- Track learning activities and progress toward degree completion;
- Form and join communities of interest and communities of practice;
- Connect with other learners and educators throughout the System;
- Share and access scholarly and instructional materials through a Learning Object Repository (i.e., Open SUNY Online Teaching Resources);
- Share and access resources, standards, policies, and best practices within a community of practice;
- Operate collaborative tools that allow learners and educators to work together actively at a distance; and
- Experiment with new communication tools to enhance teaching and learning.
For more information and to create a Commons account, please visit SUNY Learning Commons Website
The SUNY Exam Proctoring System is a tool that provides online students with a simple web-based interface to search, locate, and suggest proctored testing centers in New York State. The description for each testing center is searchable within the SUNY Exam Proctoring System and contains location, contact information, and outlines any applicable fees. In addition to locating testing centers, students and faculty can use the system to suggest a test center if they are unable to find one in their geographic location.
For more information please visit SUNY Exam Proctoring System