Effective Fall 2018
Member Parking Information
Members who bring cars to campus must do one of the following:
- Park in specially designated lots with a hang tag for OLLI members. All cars that are parked in campus lots require the appropriate hang tag. Members who park on campus without a hang tag or without paying a meter fee will be ticketed.
- Pay to park in a metered lot or in the administration garage. Hourly and long-term rates can be found on the University's Parking Garage web page. For all other information regarding parking at Stony Brook University, please visit the Parking Services page.
- Park using a Disabled Parking Permit issued through their town, county and state agency.
Parking in Lots Designated for Members
Days, Times and Locations
Members can use their hang tag to park in the following places:
- Mondays and Wednesdays (all day) - There are four designated parking lots for OLLI members to use (see map below)
- Monday through Thursday (after 3) - The Faculty/Staff lots can be used after 3 pm Mondays through Thursdays, and all day Friday.
Annotated Map and Directions
HANG TAG INFORMATION
How To Get Your Hang Tag
OLLI hang tags for campus parking will be available at the Bursar window beginning Tuesday, September 4. The special rate of $150 is for the full academic year.
Members who choose to return their tag by close of business on Monday, September 24 to the Bursar office will receive $125 refund. Members who cancel their hang tag are not guaranteed one in the spring.
ADDITIONAL PARKING OPTIONS
Members that feel they don't need the hang tag (e.g., carpooling, parking in garage, off-campus workshops only, or disabled access hang tag) can use their preferred parking service. Those opting not to get the hang tag can choose to pay at the meters or pay the daily or monthly rate for the garage if they are visiting the campus. Note: Members who park on campus without a hang tag and without paying a meter fee or garage fee will be ticketed.
Hourly and long-term rates for garage parking can be found on the University Parking Garages web page. For more information about parking at Stony Brook University, please visit the Parking Services page.
PARKING REMINDERS FROM THE UNIVERSITY TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING DEPARTMENT
- Starting August 27, 2018, parking in South P Lot, a designated commuter student parking lot only, will be strictly enforced as such. A Commuter Student hangtag will need to be displayed.
- The Office of Parking Services is activating an annual renewal requirement.
- Resident and Commuter student registration began on August 20. Faculty and Staff renewal will begin in December.
- Hang tags must be clearly displayed for all designated parking areas.
- If a hang tag is not displayed or does not match the designated area in which the vehicle is parked, a citation will be issued.
- Parking permits are not transferable; each tag is numbered for easy identification, and can only be used by the permit owner.