The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services is happy to offer financial literacy workshops in an effort to educate the campus community. It is our hope that the information we provide will empower students, faculty, and staff alike to make more financially sound decisions in their day-to-day lives.
WIN THE VALUE OF IN-STATE TUITION
We know you're smart...
...but are you money smart?
Attend our financial literacy workshops
for a chance to win!
Receive an extra entry into the free tuition lottery for EVERY BUDDY you bring to
our Money Smart Seawolves workshops!
Spring 2019 Sessions
1:10 - 2:10 PM
Humanities, Room 1003
Here's how it works:
- Jane attends a MoneySmart Seawolves Workshop. Yay!
- Jane brings 10 friends with her to the workshop.
- Jane is entered into the lottery for free tuition 11 times! Once for herself and once for each buddy she brought.
Jane's odds of winning the free
tuition lottery have now increased !
Dealing with Debt Debt can be a frustrating experience. This workshop will go over managing debt, methods for paying it down, and things to watch out for.
Cyber Security How safe are you online? This workshop will address how identity theft happens, how to spot it, avoid it, and what to do if it happens to you.
You Have A Job...Now What?
Are you prepared for life after college? This workshop will cover some information on understanding job benefits as it relates to evaluating job offers. It will also get you thinking about the types of expenses you'll face when you leave school and how to be prepared for them.
- Attend a Spring 2019 Money Smart Seawolves Financial Literacy workshop.
- Attendance throughout the entire duration is required along with completion and submission of the distributed pre-test and post-test.
- Students may attend each workshop topic. Limit one entry per workshop attended.
- "Bring a Buddy" entries are unlimited. "Bring a Buddy" entries require attendee to list names of "buddies" on their post-test which will be cross-referenced against that "buddy's" post-test. The names must correspond - The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services is not responsible for illegible listings.
- The winner will be selected through a lottery drawing after the workshop series has concluded.
- Winner must agree to having their name announced and grant the use of a photograph for future promotional use.
- Student employees of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services are not eligible.
Previous winners may attend workshops but are not eligible for scholarship drawing.
Keep up to date with workshop, scholarship and financial aid news by following us on