The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services is happy to offer financial literacy workshops in an effort to educate the campus community. It is our hope that the information we provide will empower students, faculty, and staff alike to make more financially sound decisions in their day-to-day lives.
WIN THE VALUE OF IN-STATE TUITION
We know you're smart...
...but are you money smart?
Attend our financial literacy workshops
for a chance to win!
Receive an extra entry into the free tuition lottery for EVERY BUDDY you bring to
our Money Smart Seawolves workshops!
Fall 2019 Sessions
1:10 - 2:10 PM
**Due to the high volume of RSVP's, workshops will now be held in Frey 100.**
Here's how it works:
- Jane attends a MoneySmart Seawolves Workshop. Yay!
- Jane brings 10 friends with her to the workshop.
- Jane is entered into the lottery for free tuition 11 times! Once for herself and once for each buddy she brought.
Jane's odds of winning the free
tuition lottery have now increased !
Why Is Credit So Important? Your credit history will play an important role in your financial future. Curious about how credit works? Do you know what’s on your credit report and why it matters? This workshop covers the basics of credit, credit cards, and credit scores.
Where Do I Put My Hard Earned Money?
There are a variety of accounts where you can keep your earned funds. Have you given much thought to the benefits of saving? Are you confused by all of the different account options out there? This workshop will teach you the basics of banking and saving to help you meet your financial goals.
What Goes Into a Budget?
Budgeting is a key component to stay focused on your money goals. Do you find yourself short on cash before your next paycheck? Are you having a hard time meeting all of your financial obligations? This workshop will teach you the benefits of and how to use a budget to keep you on track.
- Attend a Fall 2019 Money Smart Seawolves Financial Literacy workshop.
- Attendance throughout the entire duration is required along with completion and submission of the electronic pre-test and post-test.
- Students may attend each workshop topic. Limit one entry per workshop attended.
- "Bring a Buddy" entries are unlimited. "Bring a Buddy" entries require attendee to list names of "buddies" on their Bring-A-Buddy sheet which will be cross-referenced against that "buddy's" sheet. The names must correspond - The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services is not responsible for illegible listings.
- The winner will be selected through a lottery drawing after the workshop series has concluded.
- Winner must agree to having their name announced and grant the use of a photograph for future promotional use.
- Student employees of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services are not eligible.
Previous winners may attend workshops but are not eligible for scholarship drawing.
Keep up to date with workshop, scholarship and financial aid news by following us on