The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services is happy to offer financial literacy workshops in an effort to educate the campus community. It is our hope that the information we provide will empower students, faculty, and staff alike to make more financially sound decisions in their day-to-day lives.
WIN THE VALUE OF IN-STATE TUITION
We know you're smart...
...but are you money smart?
Attend our financial literacy workshops
for a chance to win!
Receive an extra entry into the free tuition lottery for EVERY BUDDY you bring to
our Money Smart Seawolves workshops!
Fall 2018 Sessions
1:00 - 2:00 PM
Frey Hall, Room 104
Here's how it works:
- Jane attends a MoneySmart Seawolves Workshop. Yay!
- Jane brings 10 friends with her to the workshop.
- Jane is entered into the lottery for free tuition 11 times! Once for herself and once for each buddy she brought.
Jane's odds of winning the free
tuition lottery have now increased !
Banking, Saving, and Investing How much do you know about banking beyond checking & basic savings accounts? Do you know how to make your money work for you? Join us to learn more about the power of savings and tips & tricks to get you started.
Establishing & Understanding Your Credit Do you know what makes up your credit score or how to build a solid credit history? This session covers various aspects of credit- scores, reports, and how to maintain good credit.
How to Make Your Money Go Further
Do you feel like you're always short on funds? Learn how to create and use a spending plan that will get you on track, keep you on track, and help you reach your financial goals.
- Attend a Fall 2018 Money Smart Seawolves Financial Literacy workshop.
- Attendance throughout the entire duration is required along with completion and submission of the distributed pre-test and post-test.
- Students may attend each workshop topic. Limit one entry per workshop attended.
- "Bring a Buddy" entries are unlimited. "Bring a Buddy" entries require attendee to list names of "buddies" on their post-test which will be cross-referenced against that "buddy's" post-test. The names must correspond - The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services is not responsible for illegible listings.
- The winner will be selected through a lottery drawing after the workshop series has concluded.
- Winner must agree to having their name announced and grant the use of a photograph for future promotional use.
- Student employees of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services are not eligible.
Previous winners may attend workshops but are not eligible for scholarship drawing.
Keep up to date with workshop, scholarship and financial aid news by following us on