What We Do
The Language Learning Research Center (LLRC) is where technical support is available for the teaching and learning of language, literature, and culture at Stony Brook University. One of the missions of the LLRC is to initiate innovative pedagogy enhanced by technology and facilitate cross-Departmental collaboration involving language learning and teaching.
The center contains a great variety of aids for learning and teaching. We offer one multimedia "smart" classroom with a large screen monitor, set up for wireless presentations by instructors and students.
What Can Instructors Do in the LLRC?
- Reserve the "smart" classroom, A/V and equipment for teaching academic courses and/or
holding special training sessions.
- To reserve a classroom for an academic course for a whole term or for occasional use, please contact our office.
- Check out instructional materials (software, textbooks, reference books, audio and video tapes, DVDs, etc.) and equipment.
- Request training on specific software, computer applications or equipment. Recommend purchase of specific materials or equipment.
- Request for certain videos or films to be pre-streamed/pre-downloaded for fast and easy viewing during class.