M.A. TESOL Programs
Application Deadlines: Admission is for the Fall semester only.
Final deadlines for Fall:
- For international applicants: April 15
- For domestic applicants: June 1
For best consideration, we strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible. Your application will not be considered until all required materials have been received.
WHICH PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If your goal is to become certified to teach ESOL (English to speakers of other languages)
in New York State schools (preK-12), and:
1. you do not already hold teacher certification in any area:
→ 48-credit program leading to an MA in TESOL with Certification (preK-12). Requirements for this program are here: M.A.-TESOL Education with New York State Teacher Certification (K-12).
2. you already hold teacher certification in some area other than ESOL:
→ 30-credit program leading to the MA in TESOL. Requirements for this program are here: M.A.-TESOL. Upon completion of the 30-credit MA program, you will apply directly to New York State for alternate route certification. For more information, look for ‘Alternate Route Certification’ here: FAQ
- If your goal is to teach English outside the US, or to speakers of other languages
in a setting other than NYS public schools:
→ 30-credit program leading to the MA in TESOL. Requirements for this program are here: M.A.-TESOL.