John Frederick Bailyn
- Ph.D. 1995, Cornell University
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel. (631) 632-7779
- Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics 19: The College Park Meeting. (ed.)(2012) (w/ Ewan Dunbar, Yakov Konrad and Chris LaTerza), Michigan Slavic Publications, Ann Arbor, MI.
- "Bulgarian Superiority and Minimalist Movement Theory" (to appear in Proceedings of FASL 23) NB: Pre-publication verson, do not circulate!
- "Language, Music, Fire, and Chess: Remarks on Music Evolution and Acquisition" (2015). In P. Eismont and N. Konstantinova (Eds.): Language, Music and Computation, Springer, CCIS 561, pp. 27–44.
- "Against a VP ellipsis account of Russian verb-stranding constructions" (forthcoming, Alexander Vovin (ed) Studies in Japanese and Korean Linguistics and beyond)
- "Kinds of Derivational Binding" (2011) in Gerhild Zybatow et al (eds) Formal Studies in Slavic Linguistics: Linguistik International, vol. 25. Frankfurt/Main: Peter Lang, 11-30
- To what degree are Croatian and Serbian the same language? Evidence from a translation Study (2010) Journal of Slavic Linguistics, 18(2): 181-2
- “Against the Scrambling anti-movement Movement” (2006). In Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics 14: J. Lavine et al (eds.), Michigan Slavic Publications, Ann Arbor, MI, 35-49
- "Generalized Inversion" (2004). Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 22: 1-49
- "What's Inside VP? New (and old) Evidence from Russian" (2010) Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics 18, Michigan Slavic Publications, Ann Arbor, MI, 21-37
- "On Scrambling: A Reply to Bošković and Takahashi" (2001) Linguistic Inquiry 32/4: 635-658.
- “A Derivational Approach to Micro-Variation in Slavic Binding” (2007) In Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics 15: A. Savchenko et al (eds.), Michigan Slavic Publications, Ann Arbor, MI, 25-41.
- "The Case of Q" (2004). In Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics 12: O. Arnaudova et. al. (eds.), Michigan Slavic Publications, Ann Arbor, MI, 1-36.
- "A (purely) Derivational Account of Russian Scrambling" (2003). In Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics 11: B. Partee et. al. (eds.), Michigan Slavic Publications, Ann Arbor, MI, 41-62.
- "Slavic Generative Syntax" (2007) In Slavic Linguistics 2000, S. Franks, (ed.) Glossos 8, 1-54.
- "Overt Predicators" (2003). Journal of Slavic Linguistics 10/1-2 (Festschrift for Leonard H. Babby), 23-52.
- Review of David Pesetsky, Russian case morphology and the syntactic categories. (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. 2013) in Russian Language Journal 64: 230-244.
- Review of Alternatives to Cartography, (J. van Cranenbroeck, ed), (2011) Language. 665-671