The JFEW-SUNY International Relations and Global Affairs Program, funded by the Jewish Foundation for Education of Women (JFEW), is a two-year program for students from Stony Brook, Binghamton, and Geneseo with a preference for females. The integrated program includes two years of scholarship support (up to $5,500 each year), a monthly seminar series for two academic years, and a paid internship in a New York-based global organization offered during the summer between the Junior and Senior years. The Two-Year Academic Program will start in September 2021. The goal of the program is to prepare students for careers as practitioners in the field of international relations and global affairs and to create strong mentor and peer networks that will continue to support students’ goals through their careers. Students from all backgrounds who match the criteria are encouraged to apply.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- U.S. citizen or eligible for citizenship
- Preference given to New York State residents
- Expected graduation - May 2023 (Rising Juniors are preferred)
- Interest in global affairs/international relations
- Documented financial need as evidenced by a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the SBU Financial Aid and Scholarship Services Office
- Financial need as documented by the FAFSA is required by the sponsoring organization and is non-negotiable!