Palmina & Roberto Mignone Endowed Fellowship
In Italian and Italian American Studies
The Palmina & Roberto Mignone Fellowship is aimed to recruit the brightest graduate students to Stony Brook University by supporting their course work, research, travel and graduate life associated with their programs in Italian and/or Italian American Studies. The Fellowship will encourage the recruitment and retention of world-class faculty who seek to mentor outstanding graduate students in Italian Studies.
Who may apply:
The Palmina & Roberto Mignone Fellowship In Italian and Italian American Studies is open to U.S. citizen and International Graduate Students, enrolled in MA Italian Studies, or M.A.T. in Italian.
The recipient must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full time as graduate student in Italian Studies Graduate Program at Stony Brook University;
- Demonstrate high academic achievements as defined by University Policy;
- Strong academic credentials and demonstrated commitment to fields of Italian and/or Italian Studies;
- Fluent in Italian .
A decision will be granted by a committee formed by the Director of the Center for Italian Studies (Giuseppe Gazzola), an Italian Professor from the European Languages, Literature and Culture Department (Irene Marchegiani), and the Alfonse D'Amato Chair (Loredana Polezzi). The Committee reserve the right to have a formal interview during the selection process.
The Support for Selected Fellow, renewable for three years according the Memorandum of Understanding, will take the form of:
- a commensurate full tuition scholarship for graduate study in the MA program at Stony Brook ;
- a Teaching Assistantship within the European Languages, Literatures, and Cultures Department (one course per semester) ;
* For more detailed information see the attachments*
How to Apply
Complete the forms and send the application with the following attachments in one .pdf file:
Completed Application Form (attached below);
- with Curriculum vitae;
and One (1) letter of recommendation:
- Official Academic Transcripts;
- with a personal statement about your interest in this program.
* For more detailed information see the Application form *