Peer Mentoring Program
Peer Mentoring Program is offered by Office of Global Affairs.
What is Peer Mentoring Program?
- Peer Mentoring Program is an international online mentoring community.
- Stony Brook University is one of many institutions to partner with Peer Mentoring Program to provide support within the community through mentorship.
- Peer Mentoring Program matches students with a trained alumni/current students mentor based on common interests, background, academics, and professional aspirations.
- If you have logistical questions at any point during your mentorship, feel free to email the Peer Mentoring Program team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up Links
What do mentors and mentees discuss?
- How will my major impact my professional options?
- How do I balance the demands of school, sleep, and socializing?
- How can I set myself up for academic, social, and career success?
- How do I make connections with peers and professional contacts?
- How do I find jobs and internships as an international student?
What are other mentees saying about the experience?
- "[My mentor] helped me answer the question of how to form strong relationships with my professors by giving me an actionable strategy to having strong purposeful visits to their office hours."
- "I'm really excited to have someone there for me. It's nice knowing that I'm not completely alone and hopefully I can someone I can reach out to if I'm having a hard time in school or other activities."
- "My mentor has been an amazing help in my life, he makes me realize and see things more clearly. Sometimes it's in front of your face but you can't see until someone puts into words for you."
What are mentors saying about the experience?
- "I'm volunteering to mentor because I've been fortunate enough to have mentors who guided me throughout my academic and professional careers & I feel like I am finally able to give back."
- "I would like to give back and help current students achieve their goals, sometimes all it takes is a simple conversation."
- "I am volunteering because I believe I could had achieved my goals at a faster rate if I had someone who could had given me their perspective of life five years ahead of me. I hope to bring valuable advice to my mentees."