Please note that effective August 2, 2021, HS OSS has transitioned to the Graduate and Health Sciences Admissions Office . This office processes admissions for all Stony Brook University graduate students and undergraduate Health Sciences students.
Health Sciences Tower (HST) Policies and Procedures
classroom Operating Hours
Monday–Friday, 6 a.m.–10 p.m., closed Saturday and Sunday
- Level 2: 085, 101, 107, 108, 154, 154B, 160, 162, 163, 164, 165, 272AB, 273AB, LH1, LH2, LH3, LH4
- Level 3: 133B, 152, 155, LH5, LH6
- MART: 5A-1000 (Auditorium)
Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–10 p.m., closed Saturday and Sunday
- Level 2: 158, 1A, 1B, 232, 2AB, 3AB, 310
- Level 3: 159, 171, 199U (Galleria)
- Level 5: Outdoor Patio
Visit our HST Classroom Equipment webpage to view available audio visual equipment for each classroom.
After you receive a room reservation confirmation, please contact the following to reserve any needed additional resources for your event:
- Classroom Technology and Support Solutions
- Custodial Services
- Campus Security (only required for high profile events with an expected attendance of at least 100 people)
The Health Sciences Office of Student Services (HS OSS) only approves/edits event reservations. For all questions/changes regarding course scheduling, you must contact email@example.com.
For questions regarding policies and procedures of Health Sciences Tower event reservations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the education of our students is priority. If necessary, your event reservation may need to be adjusted to accommodate a change in room assignments for classes. All changes will be communicated to the event sponsor in advance.
*Note: any updates listed on our Announcements webpage supersedes the following standard policies:
- All reservation requests must be made at least three (3) business days prior to the event date
- Event requests from student groups must be submitted by their faculty/staff sponsor
- Food is only permitted in Lecture Halls 1–6 and the Galleria (Hscent 3-199U in 25Live) with the appropriate permit. Food is not permitted in any other Health Sciences Tower or MART classroom. Permits are managed by Environmental Health & Safety . When ordering food for reservations in the Lecture Halls or Galleria, request custodial services to ensure a clean learning space for the next group. You may request custodial services by contacting Jerry.Edwards@stonybrook.edu
- Reservation requests for the HSC Coller Computer Lab (computer classrooms 3-128, 139, and 149 in 25Live) are managed by the Division of Information Technology. Review this document for computer classroom reservations. Contact email@example.com with any questions
- Reservation requests for the MART Classrooms (4W-0101, 0105, 0107, 0109, 0111, 0502, 0504, 0508, 0510, and 0514)—a.k.a. "Hospital Pavilion"—are managed by the Renaissance School of Medicine. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- There is no event management staff dedicated to the MART Atrium or MART Auditorium
- Campus Security must be alerted for high profile events with an expected attendance of at least 100 people
- Be respectful of the space and your community—clean up after your event