Orientation, Registration, and Billing
- You will receive information regarding orientation and registration from your school.
- A $150 tuition deposit is required from undergraduate transfer students that are new
to Stony Brook.
- Undergraduate transfer students must pay the deposit in order to register for classes.
- EOP and current matriculated Stony Brook undergraduate students are not required to pay a tuition deposit. Graduate students are not required to pay a tuition deposit. If you are requesting on-campus housing, a $200 room deposit is required. The deposit refund policies are at www.stonybrook.edu/bursar.
- After registering for classes, your billing statement will be available on SOLAR. To view your account and make payment, use the "Account Summary/What Do I Owe" link under campus Financial Services. For information regarding tuition, fees, refunds policy, the Time Option Payment Plan, and direct deposit of student aid refunds, please visit www.stonybrook.edu/bursar.
- You will be required to agree to the Stony Brook University Student Financial Responsibility Policy. You will be able to do this through your SOLAR account. To view the policy along with instructions, click here.